Compute a Computer - Final Day (Ashley)

 

Today was the final day of Compute A Computer. It was a victory lap for the most part, but not without a few hiccups early on in the day. We began by installing an operating system on everyone’s computer. Some people chose Linux, but the vast majority of us are using Windows 11, because it’s more user accessible and Aiden was able to transfer it to our new computers easily. We also began downloading various apps on our computers, to test their capabilities and design activities for the rest of the day. 


We played some Minecraft, some Red Dead Redemption, and finished the day with a competitive game of skribbl.io. 


We also finished up our J-Term presentation, which we’ll be presenting next Friday. Overall, I would say the class has been a resounding success! I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone’s computers come to life and it’s been extremely rewarding to see a class I created be so successful and fun for everyone involved.  I encountered a couple hiccups along the way, including having to go back to MicroCenter and return some of my parts, but by mid-morning today everything was working well again. I ended up switching to an AMD CPU, which I think might be even better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 - An amazing trip to Micro Center! - Brandon

Day 1 - First Day On the Job! - Gustavo Alvarez